For players (2011 and older for Spring 2020) that want to play at a higher level of competition but do not want to commit to a traditional competitive program.
- Placement on a CV Select team is not guaranteed! There may not be a coach or the roster may be full. Note - all interested players are guaranteed placement on a CV Recreational team (with a refund of the higher registration cost).
- Teams compete in competitive playing leagues (CalNorth/CYSA/CCSL or NorCal). Includes regionally based leagues for Premier, Gold, Silver and Bronze level teams
- What if my player already plays for another competitive club? You will get written permission from your current club’s Director of Coaching (DOC) prior to attending one of our training sessions.
- What are the coaches looking for? While your player's current skills will be assessed, this is not the only thing coaches are looking for. Coaches want to see that a player can work well with the team, responds to feedback and is enthusiastic about the game. It's not just about where the player currently is but rather where they can get to.
- Players can also choose whether to participate in one or two seasons (assuming a team is available).
For coaches that want to see their recreational teams stay together and to further develop their coaching skills through education, partnerships with competitive coaches, etc.
- Formation of Select Teams starts with an interested coach.
- CV helps coaches recruit players but the coach is ultimately responsible for reaching the minimum roster size (10 players for 7v7, 12 for 9v9 and 14 for 11v11).
- Teams compete in competitive playing leagues (CalNorth/CYSA/CCSL or NorCal). Includes regionally based leagues for Premier, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Copper level teams.
- Select Coaches are volunteers and can choose whether to coach just one season or both.
- Prior to the second season of play, Select Coaches must complete the Grassroots Coach Education course for the level of play they are coaching (7v7, 9v9 or 11v11).
- For more information, please email Pam Crone at email@example.com
CV Select Program
- Fall Season: trainings start in July and typically finish mid-Nov to mid-Dec, depending on the tournaments the team elects to participate in.
- Spring Season: trainings usually start in February and typically finish early to mid June, depending on the tournaments the team elects to participate in.
- Team practices are typically 60-90 minutes, two to three times a week.
- Games are on Saturdays and sometimes Sundays.
- Games and practices are generally held at local schools/parks in the Cambrian - Willow Glen neighborhoods and San Jose City College.
- Examples of fields used are Ida Price MS, Fammatre Elem, John Muir MS, Schallenberger Elem, Booksin Elem and San Jose City College for turf
COST: For Fall 2019, players 2010-2008 (U10-12) have a registration fee of $405. For players 2007 and older (U13+, 11v11 format), the cost is $450. The registration fee is paid each season.
- Fall 2019 fee includes $100 for the required uniform (typically will use the same kit for two years)
- There are no training fees.
- Tournament entry fees will be additional expenses.
- Optional apparel and team backpack available. Click Here
CV Select Teams and Tryouts
Teams and Tryouts
|2008||Girls||Rebels||Jesus Esparza Gomezfirstname.lastname@example.org||TBD||Yes|
Teams and Tryouts
|2008||Boys||Willow Glen United (Fall Team)||Brian Mooneyemail@example.com||
|2009||Boys||TBD (Fall Team)||Peter Maluttafirstname.lastname@example.org||No||No|
|2010||Boys||TBD (Fall Team)||Stefani Miglioranziemail@example.com||