Registration Is Open!
IMPORTANT - This is a new data-system. To register your player you will need to create a new account. Some data was transferred from our old data-system so, if you input an email address and the system says it already exists, use the Forgot Password option.
Central Valley Youth Soccer League is committed to providing a high-quality youth soccer program for boys and girls, 5 to 14 years of age, for our Fall 2021 season. We will focus on skill-building, promoting self-esteem, encouraging good sportsmanship, & fun for all players. Players will learn about the game of soccer in a safe, fun, and supportive environment.
Registration: Open from May 10, 2021 thru July 17, 2021.
Age restrictions: Age of the players is based on their age as of December 31, 2021.
- U5 – 01/01/2017 – 12/31/2017
- U6 – 01-01-2016 – 12/31/2016
- U7 – 01/01/2015 – 12/31/2015
- U8 – 01/01/2014 – 12/31/2014
- U9 – 01/01/2013 – 12/31/2013
- U10 – 01/01/2012 – 12/31/2012
- U11/U12 – 01/01/2010 – 12/31/2011
- U13/U14 – 01/01/2008 – 12/31/2009
- U5/U6 - $165
- U7-U10 - $200
- U11-U12 - $230
- U13-U14 - $275
Refunds will only be issued if your child cannot be placed on a team. No refunds will be issued after August 1st, 2021. Refund requests after this date will be subjected to a $50 fee and board approval.
Requests: You may make 1 coach and 1 friend request; NO REQUESTS ARE GUARANTEED. No refund will be given, if your child is not placed on the team you desired, NO EXCEPTIONS.
New Players: A copy of your child’s passport or birth certificate (Certificate of Vital Record issued by the county recorder) to verify the child’s age must be provided with registration.
Season Information: Teams will play an 8-game season, with games being held on Saturdays, and sometimes on Sundays due to field availability. Games will begin September 11th and will be completed the weekend of October 30, 2021. Due to forces of nature (eg. rain or smoke) we will do our best to reschedule missed games, fields permitting.
Practice days/times are assigned to coaches and will begin in late August. The number of practices will vary, and generally increase with the age of the child.
Games and practices are generally held at local schools/parks in the Cambrian, Willow Glen and Rose Garden neighborhoods of San Jose, but sometimes may be at fields/parks in the City of Campbell.
Q&A for Player Training
How long is the Rec Training Program? Approx 8-10 game per season
Will there be games or scrimmages? Yes, if state and county orders allow.
Can I participate in multiple sports or group activities? Yes
What basic safety guidelines do coaches need to follow?
- All coaches must wear masks and gloves at all times, no exceptions
- Coaches use a player Health Check-In prior to each session
- Coach will always maintain 6 ft distance
- Coaches will complete their own assessment of player’s health BEFORE starting
- Coaches complete a mandatory COVID safety training, background check, including fingerprinting.
What do I need for practice?
- Bring your own ball
- Bring your water bottle
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others at all times
- Bring face mask and hand sanitizer
Are players required to wear a mask at practice?
Masks are required during play, as tolerated by the player. Masks are mandatory for coaches and observers at all times and for players not actively engaged in play (eg. on the sideline)
How often are practice sessions?
- U5/6 - 45-60 minute practice once a week*
- U7-16 - 60 minute practice once or twice a week*
* days of the week and exact times are determined by each coach
Who runs practice sessions?
Groups are led by two volunteers; one coach and one safety monitor to ensure compliance with all COVID protocols. Training plans are developed by experienced and professional coaches.
How do I become a coach?
Recreational coaches are volunteers and typically parents of the players and must pass a background check. If you are interested in coaching a recreational team, please indicate your interest when registering your child.