Registration is now open!
We are so excited to welcome players back and know many families have been anxiously waiting to get back on the field. Spring Registration opens February 15 - March 5, 2021.
The state has released guidance for youth sports allowing for training that is outdoors, in a small cohort and socially distanced. We’re ready to adjust to state and county guideline changes, including scheduling games if we move into the orange tier.
The purpose of the recreational soccer program is to provide the development of the soccer playing ability of the child. Children with little or no soccer experience should play in the recreational program. This will also allow them to develop their soccer skills in preparation for advancement to competitive level play.
Registration for 2021 Spring Rec Program
- Six week program starting March 15th
- All participants will be required to maintain social distance AT ALL TIMES.
- No games or scrimmages unless state and county orders are relaxed.
- U5/6 (2016 & 2015)
- Meet once a week for a 45 minute session
- $100 fee includes training shirt and a ball
- U7-12 (2014-2009)
- Meet twice a week for 60 minute sessions
- $150 fee includes training shirt and a ball
- 2008 and up: please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in leading an older age group. Put "OLDER REC" as your subject line.
- Coach and friend requests will be accepted with best efforts to honor.
- Groups will be led by two volunteers; one coach and one safety monitor to ensure compliance with all COVID protocols.
- County guidelines allow participants to attend only one group activity. https://bit.ly/3rY9OvK
- No other parents will be permitted on the field; can observe from outside the fences.
- Location: Local schools/parks in the Cambrian/Willow Glen neighborhoods
- Elite coaches will provide soccer training plans appropriate for this format and for each age group.
- Parents need to review COVID safety training info with participants prior to the first session and reinforce the importance of following all of the rules.
- For Volunteers:
- Will need to complete mandatory COVID safety training
- Background checks, including fingerprinting, still required if not already cleared by the club.
- 50% discount for one child
- You get to choose the days for your group (limited by field availability)
- Season Matrix (birth year):
- 2016 U5
- 2015 U6
- 2014 U7
- 2013 U8
- 2012 U9
- 2011 U10
- 2010 U11
- 2009 U12
Late registration will be allowed but placement in a group will not be guaranteed.
Q&A for Player Training
How long is the Rec Training Program (COVID)? Typically a six week program
Will there be games or scrimmages? No games or scrimmages unless state and county orders are relaxed.
Can I participate in multiple sports or group activities? Children may only participate in one group within a three week period. This is ANY in-person group activity, other than school. If you have them in any sort of after-school care, homework club, music lesson, etc., they will have to wait to re-join soccer until the county restrictions are reduced.
What basic safety guidelines do coaches need to follow?
- All coaches must wear masks and gloves at all times, no exceptions
- Coaches use a player Health Check-In prior to each session
- Coach will always maintain 6 ft distance
- Coaches will complete their own assessment of player’s health BEFORE starting
- Ensure the players don’t “help” by collecting cones, moving goals, etc
- Coaches complete a mandatory COVID safety training, background check, including fingerprinting.
What do I need for practice?
- Bring your own ball
- Bring your water bottle
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others at all times
- Bring face mask and hand sanitizer
Are players required to wear a mask at practice? As of Jan 2021, all participants 9 years or older are required to wear a face mask at all times, even in high-exertion activities. Coaches will adjust their practice drills and increase the number of water breaks to make it comfortable for everyone.
How often are practice sessions?
U5/6 (2016 & 2015) Meet once a week for a 45 minute session
U7-12 (2014-2009) Meet twice a week for 60 minute sessions
Who runs practice sessions? Groups are led by two volunteers; one coach and one safety monitor to ensure compliance with all COVID protocols. Elite coaches will provide soccer training plans appropriate for this format and for each age group.
No other parents will be permitted on the field.
How do I become a coach? Recreational coaches are volunteers and typically parents of the players and must pass a background check. If you are interested in coaching a recreational team, please indicate your interest when registering your child.