Our kids' worlds are upside down - virtual school, can't hang out with friends, no soccer season. While we can't change the current status of COVID infections, we are excited to announce our Fall Program for recreational players!
Recently, the state released guidelines for youth sports. They allow outdoor training in small, stable cohorts as long as players maintain a minimum of six feet social distance. The county's protocols for day camps are consistent with the state's youth sports guidance, requiring the cohorts to be no more than 12 children per group.
The purpose of the recreational soccer program is to provide the development of the soccer playing ability of the child. Children with little or no soccer experience should play in the recreational program. This will also allow them to develop their soccer skills in preparation for advancement to competitive level play.
Registration for 2020 Fall Rec Program
- Six week program starting Monday, Sep 14th.
- All participants will be required to maintain social distance AT ALL TIMES.
- No games or scrimmages unless state and county orders are relaxed.
- U5/6 (2016 & 2015)
- Groups of 8 max
- Meet once a week for a 45 minute session
- $100 fee includes training shirt and a ball
- U7-12 (2014-2009)
- Groups of 12 max
- Meet twice a week for 60 minute sessions
- $150 fee includes training shirt and a ball
- 2008 and up: please email email@example.com if you are interested in leading an older age group. Put "OLDER REC" as your subject line.
- Coach and friend requests will be accepted with best efforts to honor.
- Groups will be led by two volunteers; one coach and one safety monitor to ensure compliance with all COVID protocols.
- No other parents will be permitted on the field; can observe from outside the fences.
- Location will vary depending on interest level; likely fields are Price MS, Fammatre Elementary and John Muir MS.
- Elite coaches will provide soccer training plans appropriate for this format and for each age group
- Parents need to review COVID safety training info with participants prior to the first session and reinforce the importance of following all of the rules.
- For Volunteers:
- Will need to complete mandatory COVID safety training
- Background checks, including fingerprinting, still required if not already cleared by the club.
- 50% discount for one child
- All of your children can be in your group (2016 & up)
- No additional equipment required; cones provided by club
- You get to choose the days for your group (limited by field availability)
REGISTER TODAY - DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, AUGUST 28TH!!
Late registration will be allowed but placement in a group will not be guaranteed.