Complete this Interest Form and we will be sure to reach out to your directly with information specific to your player.
Our competitive program is a great choice for players who are committed to fine-tuning their technical skills in a competitive environment, with the benefit of NO ADDITIONAL TRAINING EXPENSES.
Select Teams are led by U.S. licensed coaches (volunteers) and play in the NorCal / CalNorth leagues, against other clubs within the Bay Area.
COACHES: want to know more about moving your team into the competitive program? Please email Pam at email@example.com and we can set up a time to talk.
For coaches that want to see their recreational teams stay together and to further develop their coaching skills through education, partnerships with competitive coaches, etc.
- Formation of Select Teams starts with an interested coach.
- CV helps coaches recruit players but the coach is ultimately responsible for reaching the minimum roster size (10 players for 7v7, 12 for 9v9 and 14 for 11v11).
- Teams compete in competitive playing leagues (CalNorth/CYSA/CCSL or NorCal). Includes regionally based leagues for Premier, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Copper level teams.
- Select Coaches are volunteers and can choose whether to coach just one season or both.
- Prior to the second season of play, Select Coaches must complete the Grassroots Coach Education course for the level of play they are coaching (7v7, 9v9 or 11v11).
- For more information, please email Pam Crone at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall Season: trainings start in July and typically finish mid-Nov to mid-Dec, depending on the tournaments the team elects to participate in.
- Spring Season: trainings usually start in February and typically finish early to mid June, depending on the tournaments the team elects to participate in.
- Team practices are typically 60-90 minutes, two to three times a week.
- Games are on Saturdays and sometimes Sundays.
- Games and practices are generally held at local schools/parks in the Cambrian - Willow Glen neighborhoods and San Jose City College.
- Examples of fields used are Ida Price MS, Fammatre Elem, John Muir MS, Schallenberger Elem, Booksin Elem and San Jose City College for turf.
- The basic uniform kit (two jerseys, shorts & socks) is purchased directly from SoccerKraze. Total cost is ~$100.
- There are no training fees.
- Tournament entry fees will be additional expenses.
- Optional apparel and team backpack available. Click Here
CV Select Teams and Tryouts
Teams and Tryout Dates
|2008||Girls||Rebels||Jesus Esparza Gomezemail@example.com||TBD||YES|
Teams and Tryout Dates
|2008||Boys||Willow Glen United (Fall Team)||Brian Mooneyfirstname.lastname@example.org||No||No|
|2009||Boys||Hawks (Fall Team)||Peter Maluttaemail@example.com||No||No|
|2012||Boys||Honey Badgers||Barry Templinfirstname.lastname@example.org||650.815.5856||mid-June||Yes|